Monday 23 July 2007

In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning

I daren't report what time it is (although the post will obviously reveal it anyway!). My flatmates are fast asleep, as the sensible majority of the UK probably are, and it's looking dark and dreary outside my window. Even the birds have packed up for the night. Why am I still up? The joys of nursing education, of course!

In about 11 hours time I shall be submitting two assignments to the Assessment Clerk, both of which are something of a work in progress. It's not too horrendous - my Literature Review just needs proof-reading and the assignment I'm currently on is almost ready to be typed.

I can assure you that I am not usually this disorganised. Often my work is left until a couple of weeks before the due date, but that is because I'm the type of person who works better under pressure. This is a little too close for comfort, however. On a bit of a positive note, it would appear that I am not the only member of my cohort up at such an unforgiving hour. A good friend called shortly after two a.m. and was panicking about her assignments. It was good to discuss them, and I think it helped lighten the stress we were both feeling!

So why have so many of us managed to get ourselves into this position? Without wishing to place all the blame at the University's feet (aherm), we could have planned our work more effectively. That aside, it is obviously the University's fault! ;) Is it worth mentioning again that whilst on placement we have had three assignments to write, along with competencies to complete? Not forgetting those of us crazy enough to lap up the extra 4000 word Lit Review for the BSc pathway.

I'm still able to sit here and smile. I'm not entirely sure how :)

No comments: