Thursday 14 June 2007

The Blog Begins

My first post as a "blogger"! Having become engrossed in the blogs of others, I felt it time to start my own. It probably would have been better to start blogging at the beginning of my nurse training, but clearly I wasn't on the ball. So, almost two years into my training, I have now decided to get on with it.

And what an eventful two years it has been. I have been punched in the face by a patient whilst on my Mental Health placement, assisted in a post-mortem and fainted twice during a shift in Maternity (babies? Eugh!). I've been mentored by an interesting selection of registered nurses including one who felt it appropriate to tell me all the gritty details of her affair (not a conversation to use as Reflective Discussion evidence, obviously), and one who landed me with the task of teaching 6 classes of 12 year old kids how to put condoms on a plastic penis. The wearing of beer-goggles was an optional extra. Who knows what fun I shall partake in on my next placement?

Until then, I shall trudge on with this semester's five assignments so lovingly set by the University.

It's ok; I didn't want a social life anyway...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I admire on what you do.I read your blog and related with it.Quite inspiring. I can see your also happy in what you do.You see, I'm still a student nurse and I've experienced fainting during D&C.LOL The more I learn the hard part of it(being a nurse that is),the more I then put myself into it.I learned something from you.thanks.keep it up.

it's nice to have fun sometimes... u might consider a healthy social life.having one doesn't hurt.(",)