Friday 31 August 2007

A Slight Blip

I'm now back on the Endoscopy Unit, and it's been a fantastic week. Perhaps it's because the assignments are now done and so I can concentrate on the job in hand.

I received some results last week from two assignments. Unfortunately, I failed my Literature Review so I am no longer on the BSc pathway. I'm gutted and was quite upset at first. A few months ago I spoke to the BSc course leader as I wanted to leave the pathway and stick with the advanced diploma. Her response was "so you want to be just a diploma nurse?" - nice. When I read my result it felt like my entire nursing career had collapsed in a heap - how was I ever going to get into government without a nursing degree? Surely I'd have to remain a D grade forever...

Fortunately I've now managed to snap myself out of my little pity-party thanks to the Lead Nurse in Endoscopy. I chatted it through with her, and she was so encouraging. The only difference between the degree and diploma course is one module in research. And I hate doing research! Completing that module doesn't make me any more employable. It just means I can write a research project.

I have to say, having thought about it I'm quite relieved. A year-long research project on tap water v sterile saline doesn't fill me with excitement! Plus, I can really work hard on my placements and portfolio now.

Isn't it amazing that no matter what grades, qualifications and skills we have, God can use us anyway? If God wants me in or around government, it'll happen, not because I've got a degree in nursing but because that's where God's placed me. What a relief! Hurrah for Jeremiah 29:11-12.

1 comment:

Rachy P said...

Yes Yes and Yes again! Doesnt it take a weight from your shoulders!

And sounds like a narrow escape from the research! Well Done!!!

Mwah xxx