Monday 29 October 2007

Even Nurses Get Ill

I feel like I should write this post phonetically so that you can appreciate the horrendous cold I'm currently suffering from. But, rather than throw myself a pity party and spend the day on my sofa with a DVD and hot lemon drink, I trecked into University for the beginning of Year 3. And what a good day it was. It was great to catch up with old friends, not have to wear our uniforms, and play "spot the first year" (all first years spend around the first month wearing their ID badges before they realise there's not much point, and so don't bother).

One of the first things we were told in our introductory lecture was "you can't mess around in the third year like you could in years one and two". Mess around?! Since when was that an option?! I've clearly been working hard to no avail!

However, we did have a great lecture on oncology. My teacher's-pet-pre-reading payed off as our lecturer didn't actually explain the biology of cancer. Good job I have a basic understanding of all those damaged oncogenes throwing a wobbly. The only problem now is that my brain is overly focused on critical care and I keep wondering if this cold of mine is something slightly more dramatic. What if I start presenting with haemoptysis? Could this pounding headache behind my eyes be something more sinister? Am I beginning to sound like a really annoying hypercondriach?! Fortunately, tomorrow is a day of "Independent Learning" and while I don't wish to remain in bed for the entire day, at least I can have a lie-in.

I really fancy a cup of tea, but as there's no one here to pander to my every need, I shall have to slump to the kitchen and make it myself. Who takes care of the nurse when she/he is poorly?!

3 comments:

Staff Nurse M said...

Usually another Nurse has to be called to look after the ill nurse.

Hope that you feel better soon.

Glad your having a good start to third year! I remember my first 3rd year lecture, it went basically along the line's of:
"Right, you lot are 3rd year's now, so while for the past 2 year's all you have heard is how you are a student and you don't need to worry, this year when your running a bay..."
Almost put me in mind of the lecture on accountability, or to paraphrase from a well know medical show "Each and every single last one of you is going to kill a patient, and when you do, here is how we throw the book at you".

Chin up, only another 12 month's till you register.

Rachy P said...

Hope u have a speedy recovery. That sounds like a nasty bug you've got. Lots of fluids... but I dont need to give you advice as you're the nurse!
Lots of love

stories of erotic abduction said...

Ginger retrained the weapon, singling out a target. I have something for him.
true dirty incest sex stories
free femdom sissy stories
bondage gag stories
brother and sister animal sex stories
gay sex short stories
Ginger retrained the weapon, singling out a target. I have something for him.